Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Run Run Run....

The year is 1975.
 
      There was no warning. Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw on the screen that afternoon in nowhereville, New Jersey. So no surprise when I called my best friend in a panic screaming, ” OH MY GOD! THERE IS THIS GUY….THIS ACTOR…AND HE IS EVERYTHING!” “That’s no guy….that’s Roger Daltrey. And he’s not an actor. He’s the lead singer of The Who.
 
      My best friend was far more cool than I was, and she had an older brother, of course she knew who they were. “The what????” I don’t care….you HAVE to come see it with me….you are going to lose your mind!” And that’s how it all began. We went to see Tommy together. not once.. but.30 times…give or take. I guess we both lost count. We were 17..it was the perfect time to become obsessed with a rock star… Little did we know not only the insanity that would follow, not to mention obsession and infatuation. Or, where it would all end up….stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I was supposed to have been doing at 17!

    ReplyDelete